Prairie Points

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Never a dull moment.

I have been meeting myself coming and going. Mostly going...crazy. hahaha

There was a Hotel California concert to go to (priorities, you know!!), and a few other fun things, but mostly work, work work.  The yard is in constant need of attention. Not just our own yard, but this one, too:

This is a little rental house we bought in Decatur.  We've been busy as all get-out working on getting this ready to sell. There is still much to do, but every few days, now that it's started raining again, I have to mow the yard. We've filled in low places in the backyard, sewn grass seed, repaired several bad areas on the backyard storage shed, and I've cleaned and cleaned, but more to do there, and there is just the basic stuff to make sure it "shines like a dime in a goat's butt" (thanks, hubby...I needed that visual...NOT).  It's been newly sided, the windows will be wrapped, and I will be doing landscaping in the front and back, as well.  A cute little house which will be market ready sometime in the next few weeks.

When I do get some free time, I've begun making soaps again, which is music to a few ears. I spent many years making handmade soaps and selling them at various festivals and bazaars. I never made a lot of money doing it, but it was fun and it was a good reason to get out and see people. A few loyal customers have missed these, as they really are much nicer to use than the detergent bars from the store.  Here's what I've made so far:

As you can see, I need to get busy and make a whole lot more to be ready for the upcoming events I have committed to.  I have three batches of vanilla scented oatmeal-honey, one batch of a spicy apple (nice!), one batch of a sandalwood/patchouli, and one batch of a lavender-chamomile.  I have essential and fragrance oils for many others, it's just finding the time.  I'll keep plugging away, however.  In the other stolen moments, I've been making these:

These are some of the mug rugs I've sewn together, making good use of fabric scraps. Most of them are machine quilted, but a few are done by hand.  They are colorful and good little gifts, tucked inside a special coffee or tea cup/mug.  I have two of them from Halloween fabric, and plan to make more of these, plus some in Christmas fabric:

There are free-range fruitcakes and noodles to be made, as well as many other projects swirling around in my head.  So many ideas and plans and projects and so little time.  If I ever win the lottery (hahaha...I don't even PLAY the lottery), I'm going to hire a gardener, a handyman, a cleaning lady, and possibly a cook. I'll assist the cook, since I don't mind doing that. I do sometimes wish I didn't have to stop what I'm doing to prepare the food. Oh, well. We all have the same 24 hours in our day. I just wish I had 28 hours instead.

Warm Autumn Blessings,  (don't get me started on this cold autumn weather we're having...urghhh)
Brenda

1 comment:

  1. Yay for vanilla oatmeal soap! (Don't get the patchouli near me, however.) From all you accomplish I was just sure you did have more hours in your day than I do.

    ReplyDelete